Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm a Star, Bitches!

Or, my former student is.

Miles Teller, LHS 2005 grad and former student of yours truly, has just been cast as "Willard" in the remake of Footloose. Why is this significant? Because I was the GENIUS who originally cast him in this part in 2003. He even says as much:

"You, my dear, are a casting director in waiting, and I can't wait for the story of how all of this happened to come out! Who would've guessed that one little musical could've completely changed my direction in life and jump-started what I believe to be a long road of success." -Miles Teller, 6/22/2010

He's been very kind about crediting me with getting him started. But to watch his recent work, you'd know that he is naturally gifted and an honest actor. It gives me goosebumps to think I had even a morsel to do with all this.

He stays loyal and always informs me personally of his roles. We're still waiting for the indy-film, Rabbit Hole, to come out maybe sometime this Fall. That one stars Nicole Kidman.

Footloose is set to hit theaters in Spring 2011.

Here is an article and press release.

I won't embarrass him with a picture of his original portrayal.

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome to see him doing so well. I remember some awesome times in drama class with him and you being our teacher. I believe I also went to every night of the high school performance of Footloose and loved it! You definitely had something to do with inspiring him, I'm sure. I've seen a few interviews online where he credits you. It's truly awesome! Looking forward to more from him! Loved Rabbit Hole and Footloose!

    ReplyDelete

Add your two cents.