Thursday, March 22, 2012

Truth or Dare

Madonna's Truth or Dare is on Palladia right now, and it's like crack to me. Ah...to be in 1991 again. How did I never watch this in its entirety before tonight? She looks so different, but then again, so do I. I completely forgot that Madonna dated Warren Beatty.

This totally makes me nostalgic. I can mark so many milestones of my life through Madonna's songs. My Fifth grade cheerleeding dance was to Lucky Star. I specifically remember sitting in class my Sophomore year of high school discussing Justify My Love. She provided a soundtrack to my life from elementary school to college.

Will any artist today have longevity? I feel like singers and bands today are fleeting. Will my daughters be able to name influential artists when they are I their (late) thirties?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your two cents.